Saturday, September 7, 2013

Graded Papers

As I stated in my previous post, I feel like this year is "New Teacher".  One issue that I've come across is handing back papers.  I spend 5 minutes handing back papers last week and I was not happy with how much time I wasted.  Some of you may be thinking, why don't you have the kids pass them out?  Personally, I don't like that for two reasons.  One, it encourages visiting and/or off task behavior.  Second, I don't like kids seeing what other people's grades are. 

So, I needed to devise a great system...and of course I turned to Pintrest!  I decided to give each of my students a folder, I wrote their first name on them in different colors for each class (alphabetized by their last name), placed them in hanging file folders and put those in an extra crate I had in the room. 

My new paper delivery system!
I told the students they are welcome to check their folder any time.  However, they are to only check their folder.  Also, I am the only person to put papers in.  I keep it in the back of the room on an extra desk. 

Happy Teaching!
C


No comments:

Post a Comment