Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Romulus and Remus Mythology Comic

We are quickly approaching the end of our Rome unit!  We have been discussing Roman mythology and the beginnings of Christianity this week.  On Monday, I read the students two myths.  Both of them are about Romulus and Remus.  We talked about how mythology offers explanations of life events or natural phenomena.  Romulus and Remus are brothers and Romulus was the first king of Rome.

The cover of the book I read
to my students.  


This is the myth that explains how Romulus and Remus were born.  

The story about the founding of Rome.  
Students were encouraged to take notes as I read.  After I finished reading the students created a comic strip that contains a minimum of six story cells.  I also required that students include dialogue and color in each of the cells.  

Student's work 

One comic


I think most of the students enjoyed "story time".  They did a good job with their comic creations.  

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment