Thursday, November 21, 2013

Greek Hoplite Demo

One of my colleagues is quite the military historian.  He invited me, and the other World History teacher, to his room for a hoplite demonstration.  If you are not familiar with a hoplite they were the foot soldier of the Greek city-state army.  For more information click here.

Students drew straws and the short straw drawer was the "winner".  Three of the four winners were from my class!
Here is first period's student in the red tunic, his long Spartan hair and his Corinthian helmet.  

Close up of the helmet. 


Ready for battle!  

Wouldn't want to see the business end of that spear!  

Of course I love talking about history but I double love it when the kids get to participate in an reenactment.  

Happy Teaching!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment